Alphabet Learning for Kids – Preschoolers
Alphabet Learning For Kids: Preschool
Kids can learn the alphabet in a variety of unique ways. You just have to put some thought into different ways to make alphabet learning for kids fun and creative. Learning the alphabet at a young age can help to build a solid foundation for your children, preschoolers & kindergarten children.
Different age ranges of children, whether preschoolers or kindergarten children can be tested in different ways with their learning and understanding of the alphabet and its letters.
Alphabet Learning Game for Preschoolers:
Adjust things according to your children or the children in your care and their understanding of the letters of the alphabet and all it’s letters.
What you Need for this Alphabet Learning Activity:
- Blank cards or styrofoam dinner plates – you want these to be sturdy and durable to last for use in other teaching activities.
- Thick Black permanent marker for printing letters on each card.
- Sticky tack, scotch tape or masking tape
What to do for this Alphabet Game for Kids:
- Get 26 different cards – you can buy blank cards or make your own cards from bristol board. Styrofoam disposable dinner plates would work good for this purpose as well.
- On each card or plate print a large letter of the alphabet. Make sure that each card or plate has just one Alphabet letter on it. All of the cards or plates when put together should make up the entire alphabet with all 26 letters (english alphabet).
- Give each child or preschooler a card and any left overs could just stay in a pile.
- Starting with the letter A – Ask the children to look at their letter on their card and whoever has the letter A to bring it up to the front of the class or up to you the teacher.
- You will get children who get this wrong. Just have them take their seat and have them keep their letter card until it is there time to bring it up.
- When the right letter card is brought upto you have the child present you the letter card, for example letter A & ask them and the rest of the children idf they can think of anything that starts with that letter. Or, to make it educational in a couple of different ways , ask them to think of a type of ‘food’ that starts with that letter. Or ask them to think of a place that starts with that letter. Keep it interesting.
- When you come up with a few names that start with that particular letter of the alphabet then you can take the alphabet card or plate and tape it or sticky tack it to the wall in the proper order. Eventually you will have ALL the alphabet letters on the wall for the whole preschool class to see.
There are many unique creative ways for teaching kids & preschoolers the alphabet and its letters. Please take a look through some of our other examples and alphabet learning games for kids.
Please Bookmark or Share this Page!
Incoming search terms:
- learning alphabets for preschoolers
- learning alphabets for kids
- Kids ABCs and Alphabets
- Learning ABCs Flashcard Game For Kids
- ABC Learning Games – Alphabet Activity
- abcs for kids